We, the community of St. Mary, a Roman Catholic parish of the Archdiocese of Boston, within the Town of Franklin, exist to honor and glorify God.
By imitating the life of his Son, Jesus Christ, and inspired by the Holy Spirit, we work for the fulfillment of his kingdom on earth.
We dedicate the gifts and talents unique to each member of the community to continued growth in the knowledge and love of Jesus Christ.
As Christ’s disciples we are called to be living examples of his teachings to everyone we encounter in our daily lives. We acknowledge the need for the active involvement of all our members in order to reach our full potential as a Christian Community.
Motivated by the Word of God, sustained by the gifts of the sacraments, enriched by one another, and committed to the mission described above, this community pledges:
- To spread the Good News of Jesus Christ announcing his salvation
- To reach out to the needs of the poor, the homeless, the dispossessed, the addicted, and others needing social justice
- To attend to the ongoing faith development of our children, youth, adults, and the unchurched
- To foster an ecumenical spirit and a caring, loving community with our brothers and sisters of all creeds
- To support and encourage Catholic Christian values within the family, the workplace, and society
- To commit ourselves to the elimination of all that impedes the fullest development of each person