The S.A.F.E. Coalition phone line 508-488-8105 will provide free and confidential assistance with:
- Locating treatment for Substance Use Disorder including Detoxification, In- and Out-patient Rehabilitation, Halfway Houses and Sober Homes
- Referrals to counselors for psychiatric assessments and therapeutic treatment for Substance Use Disorder
- Assistance with utilizing Massachusetts General Law Section 12 (Mental Health) and Section 35 (Substance Abuse) for involuntary commitment
- Understanding MassHealth Insurance benefits
- Information on NARCAN/NARCAN training - NARCAN is an opioid overdose reversal drug
- Local Support resources for families and loved ones
Did you know...Our town offers two support groups for families struggling with addiction and recovery. Community of HOPE (Healing Ourselves, Preserving Each Other) meets on Mondays at 7:00pm at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 262 Chestnut St, Franklin and Healing Hearts meets on Thursdays at 7:00pm at the Franklin YMCA, 45 Forge Hill Rd, Franklin. Both groups preserve anonymity and create a safe place for people and families in crisis.